20 Mar 2019 Best Practices in Presentation Strategies and Word Processing (Jim Carey – UCDavis and UCLA)
A workshop to provide training in HTML, CSS, Web Design and Web Site Development for students and early career professionals at HEIS, IITA, IBAY-SUP and CRESA held November 5th to 7th, 2019.
During this three-day workshop participants designed, coded and published a personal website on GitHub. This workshop was led by Scott Gruber, designer and developer at the UCLA Institute of the Environment and Sustainability and Andy Clarke, creative director at Stuff and Nonsense.
Passive Acoustic Monitoring for Conservation
A workshop on using acoustics to monitor species in the wild and poaching activities (e.g. gun shots) was carried out within the premises of the Congo Basin Institute/IITA in Yaoundé from August 19th to 24th 2019.
The goal of this workshop was to introduce this acoustic approach to promising researchers, conservationists, and field technicians from different countries in Africa (Cameroon, Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea, and Democratic Republic of Congo). The workshop touched everything from basic concepts and examples of where Passive Acoustic Monitoring can be used (and where it can’t), to the hands-on operation of an acoustic recorder and experience with the techniques for deploying them in the forest. Participants learned about data management, how to work with sound analysis software, extract data of interest, and also how to design automated detection algorithms.
- 27-29 June, 2017 Bioinformatics workshop (UCLA)
- 27-29 December, 2017 An Introduction to Liquid Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry for Chemists and Biochemists (UCLA)
- 5-7 November, 2019 Web design workshop (UCLA/IBAY)
- 17-18 October, 2019 CBI pangolin genoscape conservation genetics workshop (UCLA)
- 16 October, 2019 GCRF GIS and statistics course (UCLA)
- 14-15 October, 2019 Pangolin conservation policy workshop (UCLA)
- 19-24 August 2019 Introduction to the use of passive acoustic monitoring as a tool for conservation (Cornell University)
- 7 – 11 October 2019 Workshop on resolving conservation conflicts in West Africa (Gottingen University)
- 16-19 Mar 2019 Insect Biodemography (Jim Carey – UC Davis and UCLA)
- 16-19 Mar 2019 Insect Biodemography (Jim Carey – UCDavis and UCLA)
- 20 Mar 2019 Best Practices in Presentation Strategies and Word Processing (Jim Carey – UCDavis and UCLA)
- 16-19 Mar 2020 Insect Biodemography (Jim Carey – UCDavis and UCLA)
- 20 Mar 2020 Best Practices in Presentation Strategies and Word Processing (Jim Carey – UCDavis and UCLA)